- AVT.Bike is an authorized Chris King® dealer and proud to carry one of the largest selections of Chris King products available online and shipped anywhere in the world.
- Chris King components including hubs, headsets and bottom brackets are all available in 9 standard in stock colors. Plus 2 new 2019 colors (Matte Mango & Matte Turquoise). Other colors and product options are available depending on stock levels, so if you don't see the color or exact product you are looking for please contact us.
- We typically ship out Chris King product in around 3 days from placing your order, but in some cases this can take a few days longer as many hubs, headsets and BB's are built to order.
- If you have any technical questions at all on Chris King products please contact us and we'll be pleased to help you out!
- Information on Chris King warranty can be found here.
- Instructions on how to service Chris King bearings can be found here.
- Technical Information on Chris King product including service manuals can be found here.
Chris King Headset Bearing Maintenance Kit
|Congratulations on your purchase of the best
headset money can buy!
Chris King® headsets are covered by a 10 year warranty. Besides the occasional adjustment, the only service required is an occasional cleaning and regreasing of the bearings. In wet conditions, service may be needed as often as every 6 months, and in dryer conditions, every 5 years.
Water is the most common cause of problems with any bike sealed bearing. And when water enters the frame through breather or other holes it can work it's way to the head tube and eventually to the headset bearings. High pressure spray washing, transporting or riding the bicycle in the rain, or submersion in water can lead to this condition. Your headsets stainless steel bearings will resist corrosion, but the grease will eventually deteriorate.
If when servicing your bearings you encounter damage, this is the kit you'll need to replace snap rings, seals and your bearing cap O-ring, and the RingDrive Lube is perfect for lubricating any bearings.
As always, consult the owners manual
that came with your headset, or visit the
Chris King® website
for questions and procedures.
|The 1 Inch Headset Maintenance Kit includes...|
|The 1-1/8 Inch Headset Maintenance Kit includes...|